It's estimated that between 45 000 and 60 000 South Africans are hospitalised with influenza-associated illnesses each year. Catching the flu is easy and preventing it should be too. That is why this winter Uber, the innovative app that connects riders with drivers, has partnered with Discovery Health to provide South Africans with flu vaccinations at the tap of a button.
How to get your flu shot on demand:
- Between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on Friday 22 May 2015 only, you will be able to request up to 5 flu vaccinations to your doorstep using the Uber app for only R100
- Starting at 10:00 AM, open your Uber application and toggle over to the red cross icon
- Set your pickup location, and request a ride as you normally would
- Within minutes, a Discovery Health accredited nurse will arrive at your location, ready to administer flu vaccinations for up to five patients
- If you are not yet an Uber user sign up here and enter the promotional code UBERHEALTHSA and enjoy a free first ride up to R150!
Discovery accredited nurses will come equipped with a flu prevention pack, stocked with a few surprise items from Uber and Discovery to keep you healthy during the winter months.
Important to note:
- The offer is open to anyone using Uber, not just Discovery clients
- Discovery Health accredited nurses can administer up to 5 individual vaccinations during one home visit
- While the flu vaccination and flu prevention pack will be free, a once off fare of R100 will be charged directly to your Uber account to cover the cost of the home / office visit
- All Discovery Vitality members will earn 1000 Vitality points following their flu shot
- All DiscoveryCard holders, who add their Discovery credit card to their Uber account, will have the R100 home visit fee refunded
- This activation will be for one day only - Friday 22 May 2015
- You must be an Uber user to request your flu shot on demand
- You must be 18 years or older to request UberHEALTH
- Should you not be able to get your flu vaccination on demand on the day, you can visit a number of accredited facilities in the Vitality Wellness Network, including Clicks and Dis-Chem pharmacies as well as many GPs
We anticipate that demand will be through the roof, so please be patient and keep trying.
For more info and updates from Uber follow @Uber_Joburg, @Uber_Durban and @Uber_CT on Twitter and like Uber’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UberRSA.
For updates from Discovery Health follow Discovery_SA on Twitter and like Discovery Health on Facebook at www.facebook.com/